Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stuff I need to know for half of an MA in Classics

(by the end of March):

in Latin

about Rome

reading list from which to answer the above

On March 26 and 27, I have a three hour translation exam and a three hour essay exam drawn from these lists. There's another whole set on Greek texts and subjects which I had to postpone until July because it was too much to absorb while also teaching and taking classes.

There were all kinds of pleasant and interesting things I wanted to talk about during and after Christmas, but they will have to wait (unless you, like a certain Jena, find it pleasant and interesting to talk about, say, Lucretius and the mos maiorum). Next week is spring break and I will be studying instead of skiing... but at least I'll be doing it in a resort!

(Prayers for the ability to concentrate are deeply welcomed.)